Thursday, March 01, 2007

Derek's New Job

So many of you have been praying for us in this time of transition and we so appreciate it. One specific prayer request has been for the Lord to show me how/where I could earn a living to support my family. Some recent news that is a step toward that is my new part-time on campus position. On Monday I started a temporary (this semester) job as the Distance Learning Coordinator, working in the Dean's Office at Talbot School of Theology. Talbot is about to launch two new extension campuses, one in Kiev, Ukraine and the other in New York City. Classes begin this month in Kiev and this summer in Manhattan. These exciting new ventures required the Dean's Office to seek additional help and while the position is temporary for now, the need for staffing in this area may continue after this semester. I'll post a bit more about what I'm doing when I can.

It's exciting to be a part of it, it will help us pay the bills while we continue to live with family, it's a great foot in the door to the campus community (I'm meeting tons of profs and staff), and it will buy me some time while I apply for some full-time positions. So that's the update! Thanks for both your past and continued prayers for us!

No comments: