Thursday, March 22, 2007

32 Reasons Why We Love Derek....

Today is Derek's 32nd Birthday! I decided this was a good opportunity to sit down, in his honor, and think about just some (of the many!) reasons why we love him. Just as a special thing for his birthday, if you love him too, would you do me a favor and either leave him a comment on this post or email him separately and tell him one (or more) things you love about him.

Here they are...in no particular order: (note: Kaylin's reasons are in quotes)

1. He loves Jesus.
2. He love me.
3. He's the best dad EVER to Kaylin and Trevor.
4. He has more integrity than anyone else I know.
5. He's passionate about God's word.
6. He's VERY unselfish.
7. He's always the first to apologize.
8. He wears a funny mouth guard to bed.
9. He talks in his sleep and it's HILLARIOUS!
10. He loves my cooking.
11. He loves my family.
12. He never calls me "Tuff girl" (or at least, rarely :)
13. He's trustworthy.
14. He does not gossip about others.
15. "He reads me books" (Kaylin)
16. "He plays with me"
17. "He sings to me at bedtime...The Goodnight Prayer and Papayas"
18. "He tickles me"
19. "He sings me Walking on the Heavenly Road"
20. He's "The Duke"
21. He's good at yard work.
23. He's sensitive to God's promptings.
24. He's calm in stressful times.
25. He sometimes sings in falsetto...and it's hillarious. :)
26. He can read me by just looking at me.
27. He NEVER goes to bed angry at me.
28. He won't let me either.
29. He looks cute in warm-ups.
30. He's in touch with his feelings.
31. He never freaks out over a messy house.
32. He knows my love languages and can "speak" them. :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEREK!!!!

7 comments:

james said...

happy birthday kid!! 32 ain't so bad. i'm closing in on 33 and can say the past year has been pretty swell. Can't wait to see you guys in two months.

E and K said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
E and K said...

Oops...accidentally deleted my comment...I'll try again.

Happy birthday Derek! One of my favorite things about you is that you are responsible for getting Eric and I together...after all, you hired both of us! I really did enjoy working for you my first summer at Frontier...we made a good team. Also, I have to second the fact that you have so much integrity. It was/is always about being "above reproach".

Ky

Christi said...

Derek,

I love how you are so easy to connect with. After only about the second time of meeting you we totally felt like you were our friend.

Also, I love the relationship you have with your wife. I love watching you guys interact.

Happy Birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Gosh, all these things I never knew. I am Looking forward to hearing you sing some songs in falsetto in your warm-ups when we see you next. Happy Birthday Old Man!

Kristin said...

Derek,
Whenever I hear , "I want to be in light.." by DC Talk, I can still see you and Jayhawk dancing on the stage. You were a great leader at FR. Happy 32nd Birthday!
Kristin (Willow)

Camp Anderson said...

so, i know this is late but i want to shout out a belated happy birthday to YOU, big D!!! i miss your family and can't wait to visit in may!