Saturday, December 09, 2006

Slumber Party

A group of my closest friends here all decided that is was NECESSARY that we have a slumber party before I (and Christi) move in January. It was our last hurrah! :) So we met up and went into Santa Cruz to Seabright Brewery for dinner/drinks/appetizers. A band called "Harpin' Johnny" was playing there, and a bunch of drunken mid-50's groupies were stumbling/dancing in the middle of the restaurant....good times, good times. It was actually QUITE entertaining. :) We then headed back to the Frontier Lodge for junk food, hanging out, talking, giggling, etc, etc... It was very fun!

All along while planning this I thought I'd be bringing Trevor to the lodge to sleep there (since as of a week ago he was still up twice a night to eat). But for the past 6 nights, Trevor John has been sleeping thru the night. YAHOOO!!!!! It's like something clicked in his brain (or tummy?) and now he's my super sleeper. All of that to say, I was able to spend the night away with the girlie friends and enjoy them once more. It's going to be VERY difficult to leave my friends here. They're my "mommy support", as we all have kids around the same ages and we truly have alot in common. I fully recognize that the community we have here is rare and special. I will miss this crazy, lovely group of gals.


Me and Robyn


Bethany, Michelle, and Christi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So fun!! I'm glad you were able to enjoy the evening...without kids!