Monday, December 11, 2006

Happy Birthday Dan!

One of my mentors will celebrate a birthday tomorrow. Dan Jensen was the Campus Crusade for Christ staff member at UOP while I was in college. He was also an engineering prof at Pacific and is now teaching at the United States Air Force Academy. I just sent off an email to greet him on his birthday and to thank him for the influence he had, and still has, on my life. Read more about Dan on the Crusade website. As a tribute and thank you to him, I'm posting my email here:

HAPPY 45th DAN!

45... you're still young... a lot older than me... but still young! =)

You da man! Thanks so much for the encouragement and example you were to me during our time at Pacific. Whenever I tell people about my spiritual journey, I always mention what a blessing it was that my four years at UOP were the same years you and Bridget were there serving with Campus Crusade. There is no question that meeting regularly with you throughout my college career made a HUGE impact on my life.

I mean, put it this way... I recently quit my job with plans to move my family to Southern Calfornia to follow God's call for me to begin seminary training... sounds great right? It sounds a little crazier when you consider that I don't yet have any idea how I'm going to support my family or where we're going to live... but that's the adventure of following Jesus and of being obedient! I don't think I would be able to take such a step of faith had it not been for the example of you and a couple others along the way in my life who have shown me how to put Jesus first.

Thanks for taking the time to invest in me and for your continuing example of pursuing Jesus in all you do!

God bless you and your family and I hope you have a great birthday!

In Him,

Derek

No comments: