Saturday, June 14, 2008

Swimmin' with the Swains!

We've been frantically trying to squeeze in chances to hang out with our friends, the Swains, before they leave for Alaska in a week! We are glad they finally started a blog... we look forward to following their adventures!

A few weeks ago, Amy and I got to go on a double date with Jason and Lindsay... we enjoyed some great chat time and some yummy dessert at the Cheesecake Factory. In fact, we had such a great time that we forgot to take a picture. So, when our families got to hang out recently for swimming and "grillin' out" at our house, we made sure to take pictures!

Trevor and Savannah enjoyed jumping in to their dads:


no comments about my incredible whiteness... it's still early in the summer season



Here are our kids and the Swain girls, Ellie and Savannah... sorry Jacson, we didn't get a picture of you going down the slide!


Lindsay and Amy just chillin' and watchin' the swimming action!

3 comments:

Jason and Lindsay Swain said...

We love the Olson's. And we will miss them so very much!

Ryan said...

Derek, white is as white does. And you're doing some serious white in that picture. I mean, I'm descended from a long line of Sweds, but that was scary. You must be friendly, cause your even whiter than Casper. I know that white is when all the visible light spectrum is reflected. Is it possible to reflect more than the visible spectrum? That might explain your condition.

...

um...

I gotta go think of some more. Maybe meditate and take some notes. Cause that really was inspirational.

Derek said...

Thank you Ryan! Which part of "no comments about my whiteness" did you not understand?!? =)

I think it's the reflection off the water or the camera or somthing... cuz I can't be THAT white! haha