Monday, March 31, 2008

Matt & Elise's Wedding

This post is overdue... but better late than never I guess!

We'd like to congratulate Matt & Elise on their recent (March 8th) marriage! Amy and I have gotten to know Matt & Elise through church and it's been a joy for us to be part of their lives. Matt & Elise, we wish you all the best and we continue to pray that God will always be the center of your marriage!

Their wedding was also my first opportunity to participate in a wedding. OK, I guess I need to clarify that... I've participated in many weddings before. The BEST one was obviously my own wedding where I participated as the groom! =) I've also been a candlelighter, a groomsman, and a best man... those were also great weddings to be a part of. So to be more specific, this was the first wedding where I participated in a pastoral role. =)


The bride and her father are on the left and on the right are the groom, Pastor Ed Morsey, and myself

What a privilege to be a part of such a special day in their lives. Matt & Elise asked me to do the welcome and the opening prayer. It was an honor to assist in that way!


I suppose that pictures of someone praying are always going to look awkward! =)


Amy and I with the newlywed couple!
(sorry for the picture quality, only had my cell phone camera with us)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay us! :)

Jaron said...

That prayer picture looks like you are singing a love ballad or something, LOL.

Derek said...

Well, the real story is that what Matt & Elise really wanted for their wedding was for me to sing. But I refused because, with my amazing voice, I didn't want to take attention away from their special day.