Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Give Thanks to the Lord!

Check out this verse about Daniel's commitment to humbly come before God in prayer...

Now when Daniel learned that the decree had been published, he went home to his upstairs room where the windows opened toward Jerusalem. Three times a day he got down on his knees and prayed, giving thanks to his God, just as he had done before. (Daniel 6:10)
Daniel made a point a connecting with God regularly throughout each day. I don't know about you but I often struggle prioritize my prayer life. Specifically, it is difficult to commit to praying (and being thankful) as often as Daniel did. However, we now find ourselves on the eve of a holiday that reminds us and gives us the opportunity to be thankful, remembering that all we have is from the Lord! Let's not take this Thanksgiving season too lightly.

My desire for the next few days is that I will take some time to consider all that God has done and to recognize His on-going faithfulness to me and my family. Then, instead of getting distracted by all the amazing food (which I am definitely thankful for =), my prayer is that I will be thankful to Him and remember to tell Him so!
Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever. (Psalm 118:1)

What about you...
  • What are you thankful for?
  • How has God blessed you this past year?
  • What are you doing for Thanksgiving?
  • Do you have a favorite Thanksgiving tradition?
  • What's your favorite Thanksgiving food?

Have a great Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Derek and Amy and darling kids,
The Lord has blessed us with people like you! Happy Thanksgiving! Amy - we hope you were able to enjoy a scrumptious dinner.
love, the Saucys