Monday, October 13, 2008

Sinus Pain/Headaches Update

Many of you already know about my on-going headache/pain/nose bleed issues after having sinus surgery five weeks ago. Others of you may not have heard yet. Either way, I am going to do a brief update here so that you all know the latest. I so appreciate all of you who have expressed concern, offered prayers and follow up emails/calls/texts/etc.


Background summary:
late April to September - chronic sinus infection - two rounds of antibiotics, no luck
Sept. 5th - Endoscopic sinus surgery
Sept 5-12 - out of commission, recovering from surgery, taking antibiotics
Sept 30 - at 3rd post-op appt, Doc puts me on antibiotic again for recurrent infection
Oct 6 to now - horrible (worst of my life) headaches, teeth pain, neck soreness and sinus pressure begin bothering me throughout the day, limit my sleep, etc.
Oct 10 - had two nose bleeds... 2nd one wouldn't stop, called doc, he sent us to emergency room. ER doc ordered blood work and another cat scan. determined that my body is just still fighting the infection

Current Status:
TOday - I talked with my ENT (ear, nose and throat) doc and he wants me to come in tomorrow. He's already indicated that, although the recovery process might be quite lengthy, the headaches/pain/nose bleeds are not typical.

So... please pray that God will heal me and that doc will have some ideas and plan of action to deal with my pain while I continue to recover.

The pain is the worst part... but a close second is the fact that it is very frustrating trying to study and work in the midst of the pain and lack of sleep.

Stay tuned... I'll post an update here when I can.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're still praying for you, Friend! ~Leanne

Jenni said...

Praying for you, bro!! Hang in there!

Christi said...

Derek, Our family is praying for you and your fam! That just sounds like a HORRIBLE thing to go through. We'll be praying for sure tomorrow.

Bonnie said...

Praying hard for healing and a hopeful doctor appt. So sorry for the terrible headaches and pain. Hang in there and don't worry about anything, esp. Dr. Saucy's class. :)
Bonnie Saucy