Sunday, July 13, 2008

Rainbow Falls

This was the highlight activity of the trip to Mammoth...





Trevor loved riding the shuttle bus down to the trailhead



The trail was 1.3 miles each way. Here are the kids taking a break from the hike.
Zoe, Kaylin, TJ, and Isaiah (L-R)



Kaylin took this picture of the adults (plus TJ) on the same log.
Pat & Teri, Amy & I, Shayleen & Mike Sanborn (L-R)



Well, let's be honest... TJ didn't do much hiking! However, Kaylin was a trooper... she walked both legs of the hike, 2.6 miles total, all by herself!



Here we are upon reaching the overlook by Rainbow Falls



Then, we hiked down the canyon further, waded through a shallow part of the river and posed for this picture on a log in the middle of the river. It's wild how loud a 101-foot waterfall can be! We also enjoyed eating a picnic lunch while at the falls!



I love swimming in rivers... so I couldn't resist. Mike and I waded out into the snow-melt... then, just after this picture, we dove in and swam toward the falls. Pretty cold... but way fun!



This picture is currently my desktop picture on my computer!

3 comments:

Jason and Lindsay Swain said...

can't believe you didn't take me to this waterfall! Looks amazing. Nice short hair cut too.

Derek said...

dude... it's a 6-hour drive away! If we were gonna drive that far, I'd rather show you Santa Cruz. Hopefully, we'll still do that someday!

Diane Massey said...

Wow! What gorgeous pictures! Rainbow Falls is even more beautiful than I remember it.