Saturday, August 16, 2008

Fans in Enemy Territory!




Our church got 50 group tickets for this Dodger game and we got to go to dinner and the game with our friends, Matt & Mishawn. Matt & I are both San Francisco Giants fans and I think every true fan has to have this experience at least once:
  • Go to a game where your team is the road team.
  • Not only that but THE hated rival team.
  • Wear your team's colors/gear anyway

Matt & I

Then, after the game... walk out of the stadium while drunken Dodger fans try their best (weak efforts) to insult you. It was a very interesting experience to say the least! =) Even though I would have preferred the Giants win the game, maybe it was better that they lost. Who knows what the Dodger fans would have been like if the Dodger had lost.


Amy & Mishawn enjoying the ga... I mean the chatting.

2 comments:

Jason and Lindsay Swain said...

Go Angles! I haven't seen you ever wear that shirt or that hat...buy them new just for the game so you could be "that guy?" :)

Derek said...

OK, you got me on the hat and shirt... they are not mine... they are Matt's. HOWEVER, that doesn't mean that I am not an actual Giants fan. I've been following the Giants for years! =)

Oh, and I can say Go Angels too... since Amy's whole family is Angels fans, when we moved to SoCal I adopted them as my American League team. But my first allegiance is to the Giants!