Sunday, September 24, 2006

My latest hobby...

I am so excited, so I just HAD to show off my latest creation. :) My wonderful friend Robyn is teaching me how to sew and I am LOVING it!!! I first learned on a diaper bag we made for my sister Dee Dee (not shown here...I shipped it Friday and she won't get it until tomorrow. I want her to get to see it in person first :). I just started sewing this (my first solo project...although I did have to consult Robyn a few times) bag yesterday morning, and I finished it today. Fun, huh? The inside fabric is a little hard to see in the photo...it's a fun red with little white polka dots. Robyn just ordered a new sewing maching (a b-day gift from her parents), so I think I might buy her old one. It's the one I'm learning on. In recent years I've really been wanting to learn to sew...mainly for practical reasons....like being able to hem my own pants, etc... But now I'm getting into all of the fun stuff I could make...like purses!!! Ya know, a girl never can have enough. :)


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome Ames! I love the fabric too. I will have to have you make one for me!!

Diane Massey said...

Good job Ames!! I love the bag. Finally, one of my daughters can sew. Does that mean I won't have to hem your pants (and turn them into flood pants)anymore? You can hem mine now!
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

That's awesome, Amy! I love it, it turned out so good. I like how it comes down part way to open up wider, I didn't realize that was how it would be....and awesome fabric...I love those colors. :-)

Ryan said...

Amy, you simply HAVE to make me one of those. But maybe you coudl make it for me with a skull and crossbone pattern on the outside and flame pattern on the inside. That way it'll be a macho purse!

-Ryan

queen said...

sewing is the bomb!

hope you like this hobby!

Bonnie Joy said...

I want to learn...It looks really good! :)

Mike Murrow said...

i prefer to croche. all those knots.